30 Dec Stay Healthy over the Festive Holidays by Adam Fulat
1. Get your workouts done early. As the day goes on it’s easy to find excuses not to train with visits, lunches and meetings with the family.
2. Set realistic goals in the gym and balance your time well. If you are struggling to get in your usual 2 hour workouts five days a week, think about cutting that down to 30-60 minute workouts across three days.
3. Don’t overindulge in meals and avoid going for seconds, however tasty the pudding is!
4. Drink alcohol in moderation (Very important). These liquid calories can often be overlooked, so avoid downing alcoholic drinks which can easily add up to a whole days recommended caloric intake!
5. Stay hydrated! Remember to drink at least two litres of water each day.
6. Get enough sleep for your mental and physical wellbeing. Aim to get at least 7-9 hours of shut-eye a night. The odd late night won’t do much damage, just don’t let it become a habit.
7. Find a balance with your meals too! The odd takeaways can be somewhat unavoidable and understandable during the festive period, just try not to skip your usual meals and lose track of your routine. Also try having a meal before heading out, this will avoid you feeling hungry and less likely to binge.
8. Enjoy the holidays. Remember it’s a wonderful time to bond with your loved ones and family! God bless ??